- I swallow my gum.
- I may or may not have bought new underwear yesterday to avoid doing laundry.
- I’m too scared to change the cockroach traps in my cupboards.
- Every time I am in my kitchen, I can hear them mocking me.”
- I have a special method for eating candy.
- Skittles: I eat the orange first. Then red. Then yellow. The rest I share.
- My friend Leeann thinks this is weird. She recently watched me eat a Twix with disbelief and slight disgust.
- I used to drive a gold Sebring convertible named Blanche, in memory of my grandmother. I miss both of them dearly.
- My first car was a navy blue Mustang, aptly named Sally. She died in a car crash.
- I name my cars.
- I live in Maui but my skin violently rejects the sun therefore I spend very little time at the beach.
- I would rather drink soda than alcohol.
- Eating wheat makes me sneeze.
- I sneeze a lot.
- I used to be a professional matchmaker for a dating service.
- I was a Young Life intern in Bermuda with a girl named Anne.
- Our best friends during that season were three accountants named Paul, Paul and Phil. They were Irish, British and Scottish in that order.
- Anne married Phil (the Scot) and they have two beautiful children.
- I went to a Quaker boarding school my freshman year of high school. It was creative and quirky which I loved.
- I failed three classes in college. Art and Architecture of Ancient Greece and Asian Art History (twice).
- I now teach 6th graders about ancient art and architecture of Greece and Asia.
- My first real concert was Dave Matthews Band. My Young Leader, Elizabeth, took me to see them outdoors in Newport News. It was a Tuesday night my junior year of high school. We were front row, crushed in a crowd of college kids. It was magical.
- My dream in high school was to see the Grateful Dead live. My mom said I had to wait until I was 18.
- Jerry Garcia died 19 days before my 18th birthday.
- I just used a calculator to do that math.
- 28 is my favorite number.
That’s a little bit about me.
Now, it’s your turn.
Be brave! Tell me three things about yourself.
Love, Love, Love,
The Girl Who Lives In My Head
P.S. I really would love to get to know a little bit about those of you reading my blog.